Sunday, October 17, 2010

I will spend a day doing that but not that. . . maybe

Found a box of stories I'd collected from various magazines-- Mademoiselle, Redbook, etc. -- when those magazines published fiction, some are 30 years old!! Some works from online magazines too. I thought I'd toss them but obviously I have them for a reason: Something in the story touched me.

And that's what you want as a writer, right? To evoke an emotional response from a reader. So I'm going to some time, a whole day probably, to reread those works and look at them with a critical eye, an open mind, and find out what I, as a writer, can learn from them.

I also have a pile of guidelines for magazines I wanted to submit to. That I'm really leaning toward the recycling bin 'cause I don't know if I want to do the searches to see if the publications are still around. Maybe. I don't know.

Probably not. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment