Wednesday, December 1, 2010

well, that is a bit of a problem

Today is a deadline for another anthology and I had THE PERFECT STORY to send them. It fit the anthology theme and the publisher accepted reprints. I was going to have to write 800 words to flesh out the piece and make it reach their minimum word count, but that seemed a breeze.

I went to the publisher website to get the email address and start creating my submission email. There, I read the guidelines again and this time MUCH MORE CAREFULLY and now my story is a no.

It has a scene where a young girl has sex on her fourteenth birthday and underage sex is not acceptable. I can make reference to the incident, but I cannot use the flashback where it happens which is too bad because it means I have to probably write more than 800 words to get the story to 2000 and also because the scene was quite gorgeous and when a certain revelation is made, that scene resonates.

But it doesn't matter because I can't use THAT scene.

It is going to be a loooooooooooooooooooong night.

No comments:

Post a Comment