Friday, July 2, 2010

Antioch Writer's Workshop

Getting ready to attend.

I am the AWW 1st place winner of the Betty Crumrine Scholarship.

Info:

Betty Crumrine Scholarship--awarded to a single parent who is committed to writing and who could not otherwise attend the workshop. The Crumrine Scholarship was created by friends of Betty Crumrine, who lived and wrote in Yellow Springs and participated in the Antioch Writers’ Workshop from 1986 until 1990. She worked full time at the Miami Valley Arts Council and later at the Miami Literacy Council, raising three children and taking care of her own mother while writing true confession stories and young adult novels. She died of cancer in March 1991. In honor of her encouragement of new writers, the Antioch Writers’ Workshop welcomes applications from beginning writers as well as those in mid-career.

Yay for me. And I get to read-- cross Ohio off my list. I may hit all 50 states yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment