Friday, November 26, 2010

There's a quote I love that talks about learning to wish for things to come about exactly as they come about. Sometimes it's hard to stick with that idea-- it requires a degree of faith and acceptance. I'm getting better at it, not quite as near where I want to be with the idea, but sometimes progress is slow and maybe that's why I have a thing for turtles and snails-- anyway

I've been writing more regularly than I have in awhile because of NANOWRIMO and I was a tad disconcerted about not making the mark, but this morning, a short story I'd started at least six years ago finally concluded itself. I woke up with the last scene in my head. (Yes, I scrambled out of bed to get it down!)

Anyway every moment comes out of every moment lived before and if I hadn't done (or not done as the case may be) what I did (or didn't do, as the case may be) in regards to NANOWRIMO then this story would not be finished and I wouldn't be able to send it to a themed anthology whose submission window closes Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment