Thursday, November 25, 2010

just about ready to cry 'uncle' on NANOWRIMO

Am way behind and would have to write like a crazy woman to catch up and that's probably not going to happen 'cause it is bear-buying season and I've got to get bears done and I've got short stories that I need to get finished and submitted. Both Ellen's and TJ's books come out in Feb and I've committed to sending the reviews to an online publication, which mean the reviews have got to be done by December. And it's actually FIVE books I'm working on reviewing. The two by Crystal Wilkinson and another by one of uber-cool editors over at Poor Mojo's, David Nelson, called SNIP, BURN, SOLDER, SHRED: SERIOUSLY GEEKY STUFF TO MAKE WITH YOUR KIDS and I want to make those things. And did I mention I have a piece that's related to Black History Month and it so needs to get in the mail before the year ends?????????????

And I haven't mentioned I still have a week and some days to teach, grade final essays and semester portfolios!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 And the elementary school tutoring begins in Dec.

So what I'm saying is I'm done. Another November can end and I didn't write a book but that's okay. I got a starting point and paragraphs like this:

He’d make it to the bedroom though Macy sometimes wished he’d trip over something and fall down boom to the floor. She'd imagine finding him in the morning, head busted open, blood dried and caking, him desperately in need of care, and Honey, her stepping right over, fixing herself some breakfast. Singing as the bacon fried and the biscuits baked

Will most definitely follow this woman on a literary journey. Just not this month;-)

HUGE Kudos to Jessica who's already at the finish line with 5 days to go! YOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment